2. SYD Commercial Sausage Making Class (Apr 23, 2023) (Diamond Bar, CA)
$ 14,038.59 $ 18,718.12
In response to numerous requests for more classes, Harry has teamed up with award winning Sausage Sensei Bill Dumas who is his BBQ brother from a different Mother.
Bill is one of the most well-known sausage master craftsmen in Texas and who will take your sausage making skills to new lengths (pun intended!)
Please indicate the student's name(s) and any additional details in the shopping cart “Special Instructions” box when completing your purchase.
You will be contacted by email by our Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Class Coordinator with additional details. Classes will be held on a Sunday.
Bill has been a professional pitmaster and sausage maker in the BBQ Industry for over 10 years and has a proven track record of making unique and delicious sausages beyond Jalapeno Cheddar and Beef sausage to Supreme Pizza, El Pastor, and beyond!
Bill can take any dish, explode it and put it back together in a tube aka sausage! His methodology in making these signature specials are unique and quirky which you will love like his many fans do. Bill has the knowledge, skills, and passion to unlock the mysteries of Sausage Making for you.
Of the hundreds of people and restaurant owners Bill has taught the art of Sausage Making, many have gone on to achieve the coveted “Texas Monthly Magazine Top 50 BBQ Joint” ranking. He has attracted students from all over the U.S., and the world, to his class.
Bill will intensively explain the science behind the art of sausage making. The class starts from raw meats to finished product in a day-long class. You will receive a thorough explanation of each step of the process.
The bonus is Harry will be providing a championship-level BBQ lunch (brisket, ribs, sides) and other muse bouche goodies (pig candy, atomic buffalo turds, bacon tempura shrimp, Kalbi shortribs) along the way.
Who is this for?
- Neophyte Beginner
- Proficient Backyard Pit Cook
- Professional Pitmaster
Each student will take home sausages and BBQ leftovers for your family to enjoy and a bound copy of the class manual, a souvenir black Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ apron (commercial grade), a frameable certificate of completion of the Sausage Sensei Sausage Making Class, and one year of free technical BBQ support.
- What is sausage? In depth explanation of its history and importance in Texas BBQ. What are the different types?
- What is Myosin and Protein Extraction? Why is this important?
- What is Bill's proven process? Explanation of the 3-day production schedule
- What meats and fats are best for making sausage?
- Fat ratios and their importance
- Salts, both “regular” and Nitrites. Full explanation and proper ratios
- How to set the cure, aka dry brine
- Types of specialized sausage equipment. Their usage, and suggestions on what to buy/obtain
- Types of smokers. What is a good fire? How to properly smoke sausage
- Types of casings and their usage
- How to obtain proper snap, color retention, and texture
- Grind/Bind/Case/Link. Work side-by-side with Bill in a hands-on class
Bill's crowd pleasing unique recipes you can use to dazzle your guests and customers
- Certificates and Conclusion
Check out Harry in action with Bill during his visit to Liberty BBQ in Austin Texas.
Please select all options.